This event will focus on how the establishment of a regional gene seed bank within ARASIA, with technical and scientific support from the IAEA, can help with climate change mitigation and food security and sustainability.
The side event aims:
- to raise awareness on the benefit of applying nuclear techniques in various aspects related to climate-smart agriculture,
- to highlight positive impact within the ARASIA Region from 20 years of collaborating with the IAEA in agriculture and climate adaptation areas (such as increasing crops productivity crops), and
- to foster international cooperation and partnership to support impactful collaborative scientific projects in these areas.
- Adebayo Babalola, Director of Strategic Policy and Economic Services, OPEC Fund
- Hua Liu, Deputy Director General and Head of the Department of Technical Cooperation, IAEA
- Linda Eid, ARASIA Focal Person and Programme Management Officer, IAEA
- Bilal Nsouli, Chair and Lebanon National Representative, ARASIA
- Nader Al Awadhi, Kuwait National Representative, ARASIA
- Mohammed Omari, Jordan National Representative, ARASIA
- Stefan Schmitz, Executive Director, Crop Trust
Nadia Benamara, Director - Communications Department, OPEC Fund