In October 2021, the Global Cement and Concrete Association (GCCA), on behalf of its member companies, published its Concrete Future – 2050 Cement and Concrete Industry Roadmap for Net Zero Concrete. The Roadmap sets out the pathway for our industry to achieve net zero and help to limit global warming to 1.5oC. The Roadmap highlights the critical need to accelerate the development of Carbon Capture, Utilization and Storage (CCUS) as a cornerstone of achieving net zero emissions.
This event will unveil key content of the recently launched GCCA CCUS Handbook a publication which aims to provide GCCA members with guidance on developing a large-scale CCUS project. The panel will feature companies whim will illustrate the guidebook with their very own practical experience.
Speakers and panellists:
- Claude Lorea, Cement, Innovation and ESG Director, GCCA
- Beth (Hardy) Valiaho, Vice-President, Policy, Regulatory & Stakeholders Relations, International CCS Knowledge Center
- Mac Walton, International CCS Knowledge Center Policy Analyst
- Cedric Demeeus, Head of Public Affairs & Government Relations, Holcim
- Winston Beck, Head of Government Affairs, Heidelberg Materials
- More TBC